Monday, March 19, 2007

Suddenly, I'm blogging

Somehow, you'd think the beginning of a blog is signalled by a bang, or a drum roll, or some type of fanfare. Not so. All you really have to do is think of some pseudo-clever name and feel like your random thoughts and interests are somehow interesting to the rest of the world.
So, this is my blog - it will be mostly about knitting, but also about other crafts (sewing, weaving, embroidery and lace making), eating and cooking, and the other things, big and little, that make up my life.
Sunnyside comes from the fact that I live in Sunnyside, Queens - actually right on the border of Sunnyside and Woodside, but I associated with Sunnyside for this purpose as a play on the Carter Family classic, Keep on the Sunny Side.
And away we go...one minute, I'm a non-blogger, and the next, I'm a blogger. Joy!

No comments: