Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Inspiration, NC style

This post is not about knitting or sewing, but these pictures from my trip to North Carolina may perhaps inspire you somehow. All these Latin names should be italicized, but I can't figure out how to do it on this computer. So pardon my bad botanical form:



Stachyurus praecox at Duke Gardens.



A four leaf clover I found at Duke Gardens. They are out there - if you look for them, you'll find them!



Akebia quinata and its lovely shadows at J.C. Raulston Arboretum.



This wacky specimen of Nandina domestica (heavenly bamboo) was identified as "twisted form". I'll say! Even better in person at Raulston.

Makes me think of some nifty dyed curly sheep locks I bought at Northeast Fiber Arts in Burlington, Vermont on a business trip last year. They are in my stash, crying out for some kind of fabulous treatment. This gives a girl ideas...

No comments: